On Wednesday 7th February SP Broadway hosted a Politics of Planning breakfast discussion at Gatwick Airport with Cllr Peter Lamb, Leader of Crawley Borough Council.
Among those attending the discussion were representatives from Taylor Wimpey, CALA Homes, Willmott Dixon, Savills, Carter Jonas, Montagu Evans, Vail Williams and Iceni Projects.
During the discussion Cllr Lamb explained his vision of Crawley developing over time to become a ‘southern powerhouse’, emphasising the need for a skilled workforce to meet Crawley’s growth potential and highlighting the importance of infrastructure accompanying housing development.
Other topics discussed included:
- Regeneration of Crawley Town Centre
- Development between Crawley and Gatwick Airport
- The importance of affordable housing provision
- Crawley Borough Council’s ‘pro-development’ position
- The continued and rapid automation of employment locally
Warm thanks to Cllr Lamb and guests for their contributions to a fascinating discussion.