New Lidl Foodstore
SP Broadway is supporting Dunmoore with community consultation for the proposed Lidl foodstore at Billingshurst Business Park. Please read the consultation leaflet and let us know your views.
Why support a new Lidl foodstore?
A full planning application for the proposed new Lidl foodstore will shortly be submitted to Horsham District Council, which will make a decision on whether to approve the store proposals.
It is vitally important that you make your views known so that they can be taken into account when the Council’s Planning Committee makes a decision on the application. If you are keen to see a neighbourhood foodstore at Billingshurst Business Park, please indicate your support for the application by clicking here.
It is very important that everyone has their say. If you have concerns contact us by clicking here. We will then seek to address these wherever possible.
Reasons to support a new Lidl foodstore:
Retail / Employment
- New retail jobs for local residents.
- The store will help to meet local shopping needs and reduce the need to travel elsewhere.
- The proposal will provide new and improved shopping facilities for the town at competitive prices and offer exceptional quality and choice to the benefit of local shoppers.
- Lidl stocks a variety of unique product lines which are not available from other supermarkets.
- Modern building design using high quality materials will add a contemporary dimension to the existing street scene and will enhance the character and appearance of the area.
- New tree planting and landscaping will be provided around the site.
- Sustainable construction techniques will be employed as well as the use of sustainable materials where possible.
- Lidl operates a highly energy efficient business with a strong commitment to recycling and the use of energy efficient equipment and techniques within the store to reduce carbon emissions.
- The Lidl store includes sustainable measures including solar panels and electric vehicle charging points.
- The site is in a location which is accessible on foot, cycle and public transport.